The last date for submission of information is
31st March, 2005.
The term full-time partner/CA employee does not include those persons who are –
- Partners in other firms.
- Employed part-time/full-time elsewhere, practicing in their own name or engaged in practice otherwise or engaged in any other business/activity which would be deemed to be in practice under section 2 (2) of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.
- Sole proprietors/partners who have not submitted I T return or Partners/sole proprietors who have earned more professional income from sources other than from the firm.
Similarly, the full-time Sole Proprietor does not include a person who is partner in other firms or is employed elsewhere or otherwise engaged in any other business/activity as mentioned above.
As such a person who is a partner/employee in another firm should not apply in his capacity as Sole Proprietor.
The application must be submitted online in the prescribed format available on our web site.
The information regarding the constitution of the firms and details of partners/Chartered Accountant employees is subject to verification with the details furnished by the ICAI.
The firms who give false information or whose information furnished is found to be incorrect will be disqualified from empanelment/allotment of audit for a period of 3 years and liable for disciplinary action under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the regulations framed thereunder.
The CA firms are required to send BY POST the following documents which should be received latest by 15th April 2005.
- Print out of the acknowledgement receipt of online application.
- Statement I: A copy of the undertaking signed by the sole proprietor/ all full time partners of the firm.
- Statement II: Signature of all full time Chartered Accountant employees of the firm against their name and membership number.
- Statement III: Computation of income of each partner/sole proprietor from firm/other sources as per format
Partners/ Sole proprietor/Chartered Accountant employees who have not signed the undertaking/annexure will not be deemed as partners/Sole proprietor/ Chartered Accountant employees for the purpose of empanelment.
- Copy of partnership deed of the firm(in case of already empanelled firm only if there is any change).
- Copies of ISA/CISA certificates in respect of the partners/CA employees who have qualified themselves in these examinations.
- A copy of the acknowledgement of the I T return of the firm and of all full time partners / sole proprietor for the Assessment Year 2004-2005 and a copy of computation of income submitted to I T authorities of full time partners /Sole proprietor
- A copy of financial statements of the CA firm along with schedules for the year 2003-2004.
The above documents should be addressed to :
Principal Director (Commercial) &
ex-officio Member Secretary, Audit Board,
Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India
10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
On top of the envelope containing the documents, the following should be stated:
" Application for empanelment of Statutory Auditors "
||Only applications complete in all respects will be considered for empanelment. The decision of Office of the C&AG of India in this respect will be final.|
||Incomplete Applications and Documents received after the prescribed last date will not be entertained. |